- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 kg. or 1/2 lb whole baby shrimps
- 1/4 kg. or 1/2 lb bean sprouts
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into matchstick size pieces
- oil for deep frying
- garlic vinegar or soy sauce dip
- 1/2 squash (optional)
2. Add the shrimps, bean sprouts and sweet potatoes and toss mixture until shrimps and vegetables are coated with batter.
3. Form individual thin patties by scooping some of the batter mixture into your palm then flattening with the other palm. Set each of the patties on a plate.
4. In a preheated deep skillet with enough oil, deep fry the patties one by one over medium heat, making sure to brown both sides. Remove cooked patties from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve warm with a garlic vinegar dip.